Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Transformation of Gender Field Group Enum Values to a Specific Value

Level 2

ribhubanerjee_0-1706697752673.png

I am using Out of Box enum values for Gender  and two custom enum values for my schema, however I want to know if any transformation is possible to convert the Out of Box Gender enum values to a specific type like non_specific here for example, Is this type of conversion possible, if so what would be the way, any suggestions would help me a lot, thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI @ribhubanerjee - Yes you can't change the out of the box field groups, if you will try to edit them a new field group will be created automatically with a different name and id . You can use this new field group to use your updated field. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ribhubanerjee  - What do you mean by transformation to convert the Out of Box Gender enum values to a specific type like non_specific?

Level 2

From what I have seen in the documentation, it says that we cannot modify the out of the box fields and for us to change the enum to custom options, one way is to create a custom field in out of the box field groups and then we can use suggested values option, I have checked in via API also, I couldn't find any way of doing it. So, just wanted to know has anyone tried this?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI @ribhubanerjee - Yes you can't change the out of the box field groups, if you will try to edit them a new field group will be created automatically with a different name and id . You can use this new field group to use your updated field. 

Level 2

Thanks for your response, have you tried this via API? if so, can you share the steps you followed

Community Advisor

Hi @ribhubanerjee - It's not possible even with API. New field group needs to be created.