Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target Cookies firing before consent (Onetrust)

Level 2

I have implemented onetrust on my site. In the ECID extension,  Enable Opt In is set to yes and the previous permissions is {"ecid": false, "target": false}. I still see the target cookies at_check and mbox cookies fire before consent is provided. I did go into target and enabled GDPR optin and the mbox cookie went away but the at_check still fires. I wore some custom code to delete the cookies but that didn't work either. 

Delete cookies custom code: 

function deleteCookies(cookieNames) {
for (var i = 0; i < cookieNames.length; i++) {
document.cookie = cookieNames[i] + '=; expires=Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 UTC; path=/;domain=.example.com'; //changed domain name
}
}

var cookiesToDelete = ['at_check','mbox'];
deleteCookies(cookiesToDelete);

Is there anything else I can do to stop these cookies from firing before consent? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @at9191,

The purpose of at_check cookie is a  Temporary cookie to check if the cookie read/write capability is enabled on the browser. See here 

If you must need to stop setting it before consent, option it to not load the Target library based on the user consent. 

Thanks!

Asheesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @at9191,

The purpose of at_check cookie is a  Temporary cookie to check if the cookie read/write capability is enabled on the browser. See here 

If you must need to stop setting it before consent, option it to not load the Target library based on the user consent. 

Thanks!

Asheesh