Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Should I see the Profile events in the CDP platform ( Customer ->Profile -> Events) when using the AEP Web SDK to send the user interactions?

Level 2

Hi Team,

I'm using AEP Web SDK to send the page views and integrations into the AEP and to CDP by enabling profiling on the schema and Data set.

I see my profiles are merged with primary identifier ECID and secondary identifier (user variable)

My question is, Should I see the Events data under Profiles (Customer->Profile->Event) ?

if  the answer to see the event data is yes, then I'm not seeing them. Is there a configuration I need to make sure to populate the events?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4
9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @surapaneni  - Seems you are using GTM to send web SDK event to AEP. So this might be one of the reason that your events are not getting visible under profile tab. I have also experienced the same for one of our POC. Recommend you to utilize data query service to validate your web sdk data from GTM.

Hi @jayakrishnaaparthasarathy  Thanks for the reply. I'm using Adobe Launch with Web SDK extension to send the events. 

Community Advisor

Hi @surapaneni  - Your earlier shared screenshot was pointing out GTM. I would suggest you to take a look on merge policy once and make sure your event schema are aligned and been placed for the processing. 

Hi @jayakrishnaaparthasarathy 

I'm new to AEP web sdk extension. For now, I've been using adobe analytics extension in launch to set variables, send beacon and clear variables. Now I want to migrate to web sdk extension. I've created xdm schema which has my evars, props, hierarchies and lists. In order to send events, product string using the web sdk extension, how to proceed for this? Any idea for the steps to take?
For now, I've followed adobe tutorial to create xdm schema, datastream, installed web sdk extension and then used it to send Event and then tested the data in the debugger. 

Level 4

Yes, see below screen capture for reference. Web SDK data to AEP data lake is sent in micro batches, so maybe there will be some delay.

John_Man_0-1690818102144.png

Level 2

It's been a few days now. I see the profile come through and the ECID, just not the events. Any idea?

Level 4

have you also checked the data set activity page to see if data are ingested successfully or any failed batches.

Level 2

good call, I see them failed. Do you know why I see the unsupported events?

surapaneni_0-1690902096957.png

Correct answer by
Level 4