Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sending multiple datalayer values to single eVar- Classification - Web SDK

Level 3

When using appMeasurement, it was easy to send multiple datalayer object values into a single evar using a launch rule/data element and then use classification to separate them out

Eg: eVar1 = ABC_test:101:XYZ

Can this be done when using AEP Web SDK? If yes, how do we configure this through a XDM data element or launch rule?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @hs_vk 

You've not had a response on this one for sometim so let me try and suggest how it should be done.

When using web sdk, you can easily achieve this. Within launch, you would need to create a data element which would concatenate the values from the datalayer. Once you have this data element ready, you would either need to create an XDM Object type data element or would need to update an existing one where you would map the data element created earlier to eVar1 value within the adobe analytics experience event template field group.

Once you've done this, you would need to use the XDM object data element in a launch rule.

Here are a few links you can read up:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/xdm/field-groups/event/analytics-full-ex...

Let me know if you need further help with the setup cause I am not aware of how much you already know about setting up the sdk through Launch.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @hs_vk 

You've not had a response on this one for sometim so let me try and suggest how it should be done.

When using web sdk, you can easily achieve this. Within launch, you would need to create a data element which would concatenate the values from the datalayer. Once you have this data element ready, you would either need to create an XDM Object type data element or would need to update an existing one where you would map the data element created earlier to eVar1 value within the adobe analytics experience event template field group.

Once you've done this, you would need to use the XDM object data element in a launch rule.

Here are a few links you can read up:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/xdm/field-groups/event/analytics-full-ex...

Let me know if you need further help with the setup cause I am not aware of how much you already know about setting up the sdk through Launch.

Cheers.

Level 3

Thanks @abhinavbalooni for your response. I assumed the same and tested it out a few weeks ago. I was looking to understand if concatenating different data elements would work in the same way for Web SDK-based rules as it would work in AA extension-based rules. It did work.

I created an XDM Data Element where I passed 2 data elements as the value for a single field. Eg: pageName field had the value as %pageTitle%:%pageURL% (just an example of how to concatenate them). The values for pageName in the server call then comprised of both pageTitle & URL.

It was indeed as simple as that but wasn't sure until I tested it out.