Expand my Community achievements bar.

Programmatic way to cleanse identity maps that merged

Level 5

Hi there,

Wondering if there's programmatic solution/recommendation/query out there to remove stitched identities?  In the picture below:

- Red = ECID

- Green = CRM ID

The issue is customer logging into multiple accounts with the same ECID, multiple accounts are mapped stitched together into 1 profile. Where in this case, we want to keep the 3 profiles (green) separate. So I want a programmatic way to identify the red ECID, then send it over to data Lifecycle API to delete.

akwankl_0-1709061996075.png

Thanks.

4 Replies

Level 3

Not sure about programmatic way but you can use Privacy request option to clean/remove ECID(you can enter multiple ECID with comma seperated) to unstitch the identity linking.

Level 5

@akwankl

Approach --> generating derived dataset-->Share the Dataset to Adobe via support ticket to delete the identities. this would delete from UPS/UIS but not data lake.

Low Level 

Generating derived dataset: join the contributing datasets of different applications on ECID to find the collapsing ECID's, if there is only one datasets for all applications hydrates you should do self join on ECID and not equal to CRM ID

Let me know if you further questions on this.

cheers,

NN

Administrator

@akwankl Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.

Community Advisor

@akwankl  - It is possible via the record delete feature in data lifecyle https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/data-lifecycle/ui/record-delete.

Note: It is still in beta and you need to raise a request if you need this feature enabled.

Thanks,

Arpan