Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Profile Merging on ECID

Level 6

Hi there,

I think this topic has been mentioned many times, but just wondering if someone can summarize what are the possible solutions available? After a recent analysis, our org has around 10%+ of our profiles (millions of profiles) that have profiles merged as a result of ECIDs sharing. This is becoming an alarming problem for us as say, if we are to send push notifications for money sensitive campaigns like, your payment is due, we could run into the risk of sending to wrong customers due to this profile merge issue. What are some options?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@akwankl same issue was discussed here.

The Product and Engineering teams are currently working on a more permanent solution but I don't believe we have an actual timeframe for this yet.

In the meantime, we have what we call the 'Shared device interim approach', which will require a Support ticket but as you can see below there is the ability to ignore some merged profiles to avoid the risk you mentioned.

At this time we cannot prevent 2+ CRM IDs from merging into 1 graph due to shared device (ECID) or non-unique cross-device identifiers (hashed email / phone), but as an interim approach we can skip merged profiles that use these graphs from segmentation & activation, and lookup

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@akwankl same issue was discussed here.

The Product and Engineering teams are currently working on a more permanent solution but I don't believe we have an actual timeframe for this yet.

In the meantime, we have what we call the 'Shared device interim approach', which will require a Support ticket but as you can see below there is the ability to ignore some merged profiles to avoid the risk you mentioned.

At this time we cannot prevent 2+ CRM IDs from merging into 1 graph due to shared device (ECID) or non-unique cross-device identifiers (hashed email / phone), but as an interim approach we can skip merged profiles that use these graphs from segmentation & activation, and lookup

Hope that helps.