Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Option for viewing source connection creation error logs

Level 2

Hello,

We have a requirement to create a postgreSQL source connector.

When connection string is provided in configuration, source connector creation is failing just with an alert banner "Authentication error".

In AEP, is there any way we can view logs for these connector creation errors?.

We need to identify details of error, why error is happening

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Since there is no direct way to understand the error or read the logs.
I think, the easy way to debug is to check the connectivity, using a local client(psql command line), with these details.

If the credentials seem to work, without any additional configuration, then it is good to check below:

1. IP address restrictions/firewall on the database.

2. Connection string format as per AEP documentation. Hint: Sometimes even though the server is referenced by an IP address(ex: 10.xx.xx.xxx), it should be available over public DNS or a full hostname should be provided for AEP to connect. Since AEP tries to connect as if to a public host.

Or good to check via API. Create a PostgreSQL Base Connection Using the Flow Service API | Adobe Experience Platform

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @_abs9900 - I don't think there is a way to view the logs, what you can do here is to raise a support ticket and ask why them to verify this. I remember i faced the same issue with zendesk connector and support team has a backend system using which they can access the logs .

Thanks,

Arpan

Correct answer by
Level 2

Since there is no direct way to understand the error or read the logs.
I think, the easy way to debug is to check the connectivity, using a local client(psql command line), with these details.

If the credentials seem to work, without any additional configuration, then it is good to check below:

1. IP address restrictions/firewall on the database.

2. Connection string format as per AEP documentation. Hint: Sometimes even though the server is referenced by an IP address(ex: 10.xx.xx.xxx), it should be available over public DNS or a full hostname should be provided for AEP to connect. Since AEP tries to connect as if to a public host.

Or good to check via API. Create a PostgreSQL Base Connection Using the Flow Service API | Adobe Experience Platform

Hope this helps.

Administrator

@_abs9900 Did you find the suggestion solution helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.