Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Kinesis Destination - Segment Id/Name

Level 1

Is there a way to include the audience/segment ID and/or Name from which the profile has been activated within the data activated to a Kinesis Destination.  I know segment membership is included in the output but this will include any segments for which the profile qualifies rather than specifically the segment which has been selected to be included in the destination stream.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@jfcc @abhinavbalooni 

Can we just expose those specific segments to the destination instead of all the other segments also being exported as part of the segment membership

--> It does not look like the destination as it is now allows for this but that is a good request, I'll log an enhancement request for Product to consider this.

in the segmentMembership object, other unmapped audiences might appear, if that particular profile is a member of them and if these share the same merge policy as the audience that triggered the export

Can we identify the segment which has been activated for that particular stream or include additional meta data within the stream detailing the segment which was selected for inclusion.

--> Very similar to what @abhinavbalooni  mentioned in the first point but the ask is slightly different, I'll include this in my comments to product as well.

I started an internal thread on this topic, I will update here if I get more info but I think it's fair to say changes to the way the connection operates today would probably come from an Enhancement Request. This is on my list

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@jfcc let me know if I missed something but I think the example provided with a screenshot in this document answers your question. In that example, the science fiction fans audience has not been specifically activated but will still appear in the segment membership data of that profile export

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 19.02.35.png

The segment ID will automatically be part of the export but you can explicitly add the segment name as well when you configure the destination

Community Advisor

Hi @Tof_Jossic I think @jfcc is asking if they can just expose those specific segments to the destination instead of all the other segments also being exported as part of the segment membership that you rightly pointed in the above explanation, Or if there is a way to identify which segment resulted in the profile getting exported to the destination.

@jfcc Please feel free to correct our understanding of your ask here.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 1

Thank you for the replies.  @abhinavbalooni  you're correct. I am looking to find a way in which we can identify the segment which has been activated for that particular stream or include additional meta data within the stream detailing the segment which was selected for inclusion.

Many Thanks

Joe

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@jfcc @abhinavbalooni 

Can we just expose those specific segments to the destination instead of all the other segments also being exported as part of the segment membership

--> It does not look like the destination as it is now allows for this but that is a good request, I'll log an enhancement request for Product to consider this.

in the segmentMembership object, other unmapped audiences might appear, if that particular profile is a member of them and if these share the same merge policy as the audience that triggered the export

Can we identify the segment which has been activated for that particular stream or include additional meta data within the stream detailing the segment which was selected for inclusion.

--> Very similar to what @abhinavbalooni  mentioned in the first point but the ask is slightly different, I'll include this in my comments to product as well.

I started an internal thread on this topic, I will update here if I get more info but I think it's fair to say changes to the way the connection operates today would probably come from an Enhancement Request. This is on my list

Community Advisor

Thanks @Tof_Jossic though I would like to understand the use case for this requirement. 

@jfcc What are you trying to solve for ?