Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Has anyone successfully ingested encrypted data in to AEP using AEP features?

Level 2

Has anyone been successful ingesting PGP encrypted data using instructions here?:  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/sources/api-tutorials/encrypt-data.html?...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Replying to my own question!

We were able to get the process working. 

• Every step after the base source connection must be done via APIs. 
  • When we set up source connections (file) to the base source (s3 bucket) we had to specify the exact file, not just a folder. 
  • In the source connection API the data block needs to contain "format" : "delimited" for tabular data
  • We had to create a custom mapping set to represent the data as it would be once it was decrypted
  • We did this with a small test file and next will load a larger sample of real data

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Replying to my own question!

We were able to get the process working. 

• Every step after the base source connection must be done via APIs. 
  • When we set up source connections (file) to the base source (s3 bucket) we had to specify the exact file, not just a folder. 
  • In the source connection API the data block needs to contain "format" : "delimited" for tabular data
  • We had to create a custom mapping set to represent the data as it would be once it was decrypted
  • We did this with a small test file and next will load a larger sample of real data

Level 1

Yes  . Just ensure the source connection and target connector are enabled.