Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Folder access controls in Brand Portal

Level 3

Hi,

we've got Brand portal running and all is good with access controls, contribution folders etc.

It includes several business created user groups (called Product profiles in Admin Console/BP)

GeraintJo_1-1706105480830.png

However, I'd like to restrict access to some folders for some of these Product profiles.

I can't do that in Brand Portal directly - so would need to do it in Assets then publish those folder changes to BP.

But these BP user groups are not available in Assets when I try to set the Permissions in a folders properties.

I can see the top level BP Editor/Admin roles to add

eg

GeraintJo_0-1706105225010.png

But not the BP user groups I've created.

Anyway know if this is possible ?

In all the material it implies it's possible.

Eg 'Brand Portal Editor' role states:-

A user with this role can login to Brand Portal and access permitted folders

Does this mean just the folders published to BP, or is there a specific way of controlling folder access to specific user groups ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Yes you need to create users and user groups in admin console.

If you are using IMS login into AEM/Adobe Brand Portal, the users should already be there in admin console. Create necessary user or user groups, if needed (external vendors maybe).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Administrator

@GeraintJo Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

@GeraintJo 

You have the option to generate multiple product profiles and establish distinct user groups, subsequently assigning users to these groups. Afterward, allocate user groups to specific product profiles based on folder permissions, allowing you to share the corresponding folders from the Brand Portal with the designated user groups. To share a folder, simply choose the desired folder and select the "Share" button. Then, proceed to add the user group with which you wish to share the folder.

For e.g.

Here are the steps to restrict access to specific folders:

1. Create a product profile named P1.
2. Establish a user group named UG1.
3. Add user U1 to the UG1 group.
4. Assign the UG1 group to the P1 product profile.
5. Allow up to 8 hours for the UG1 group to synchronize with the Brand Portal.
6. Choose the folder ABC in Brand Portal, click on "Share," add UG1, and then save the settings.
7. User U1, included in the UG1 group, will now have access to view the folder ABC.
8. Repeat the process for different profiles, user groups, and folders to regulate folder access for specific users.

This approach effectively controls folder access for different user groups and profiles.

Level 3

@Abhishek_Narula25 

Thanks for your help - sorry I missed it.

Are you talking about creating P1 and UG1 in Admin Console ?

I've got product profiles already in Admin Console for Brand Portal.

But can't see where I can create User Groups for BP only.

We do have user groups at a top level - but they are linked to our SSO connectivity, so I can't just create new ones wqithout generating additional dev changes for us.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Yes you need to create users and user groups in admin console.

If you are using IMS login into AEM/Adobe Brand Portal, the users should already be there in admin console. Create necessary user or user groups, if needed (external vendors maybe).