Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Firing checkbox selection along with submit button

Level 2

Hello Team, 

I have a situation where I have more than 9 credits cards in a page and max comparisions you can do is with 3 cards

I want to track the final selction of cards instead of firing calls on different selectiosn before customer decides to hit the actual "Compare" button. This empty card slots doesn't have any CSS elements but the Card comapre button does

So, how do I fire the call only when they hit the compare button?

Thanks,
Durga

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can use any other selector like CSS element ( Attributes tags like alt, title, or href) or HTML (H1 or p ) elements for the card heading & CTA button. Still, if you facing difficulties in identifying selectors use the inspect and, and you can send the hit in 2 ways & store it with some other evar values to classifications. Methods.1. custom tracking( s.tl() method ) & it creates an additional server call, 2. you can send it by next page view call( s.t() method ) without any additional server call.

Sample selector screenshot for your reference.

sample.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

You'll need to use a selector for when the "Compare" button is active, i.e. not greyed out.

After that, to get the names of the compared cards, you'll need to use some creative JavaScript to crawl the DOM to retrieve the cards.

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can use any other selector like CSS element ( Attributes tags like alt, title, or href) or HTML (H1 or p ) elements for the card heading & CTA button. Still, if you facing difficulties in identifying selectors use the inspect and, and you can send the hit in 2 ways & store it with some other evar values to classifications. Methods.1. custom tracking( s.tl() method ) & it creates an additional server call, 2. you can send it by next page view call( s.t() method ) without any additional server call.

Sample selector screenshot for your reference.

sample.png