Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Email address should fail while doing ingestion in OOB Email column or it would pass ?

Level 2

As per Adobe Documentation here, data.iana.org/TLD/tlds-alpha-by-domain.txt, Adobe follows for pattern matching for an email value however when I am inserting a random email address as test@test.com as random testing, it got inserted, however as per my understanding and below screenshot it should fail

ribhubanerjee_0-1709654234149.png

however, the ingestion was successful in AEP, why so? can anyone provide the solution to this issue

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @ribhubanerjee ,

Even .xyz and .cc are valid domains as per IANA, so the email IDs that you are trying to ingest are getting ingested. Please check the screenshots below.

ksameer1_0-1709730359931.pngksameer1_1-1709730402162.png

IANA link - https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db

If you are testing a negative scenario then try passing some generic string (e.g. asdfghjkkl) and not an email (asdf@abc.com). It would fail to get ingested.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee
Employee

in the schema, are you using the datatype "Email address" for the attribute to which you are ingesting the emails? or using string?

Level 2

I am using OOB Email address in the schema so it is storing as string itself

Level 5

@ribhubanerjee IANA controls only the top level domain(string after last "."), as per your data test@test.com "com" is valid TLD.

Hope you got it.

Level 2

I understand that what you are saying is valid, however I tried it with another ingestion with value test@gmail.xyz, then as per IANA which controls only the top level domain(string after last "."), this should not have ingested in AEP and the ingestion should fail, however it is not failing as shown in the below screenshot although I am being shown a mapper error but on previewing dataset, I can see the value ingested 

ribhubanerjee_1-1709720167344.png

ribhubanerjee_0-1709720072907.png

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @ribhubanerjee ,

Even .xyz and .cc are valid domains as per IANA, so the email IDs that you are trying to ingest are getting ingested. Please check the screenshots below.

ksameer1_0-1709730359931.pngksameer1_1-1709730402162.png

IANA link - https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db

If you are testing a negative scenario then try passing some generic string (e.g. asdfghjkkl) and not an email (asdf@abc.com). It would fail to get ingested.

Hope it helps!