Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Delete a adobe analytics dataset in AEP

Level 3

Hello everyone, 
I have 2 questions
Q1. I am trying to Delete/edit the adobe analytics report suite dataset/schema in adobe experience. 
However the options are greyed out.? What would be the best workaround for this? 
Q2. I have a report suite that collects both app and web data into single report suite. Using a few conditions in columns we determine app vs web in virtual report suite in adobe analytics. 
However while creating dataset for CJA using AEP. Do I need to turn on the profile option to filter the data as web vs app using the same logic ? Is this the best way to do it at AEP dataset level ? 

Thanks 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

@gmadala - Thanks for confirming!  Yes, those same evars would be available in your AEP dataset (I believe under _experience.analytics.customDimensions) and you can create filters to use in CJA as part of your CJA Data Views - one for web, one for mobile app.

I'm still not sure on why you can't delete the dataset.  Maybe you'd first need to disable / delete the Data Flow that is created from the Source Data Connector?  If not that, perhaps a permissions problem?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

Hello, gmadala -

On the first question, you should be able to delete datasets in AEP.  Is it possible to share a screenshot with sensitive fields blurred/removed that shows what options are greyed out?  If not, can you provide some additional details on what screen you're looking at and what options are disabled?

On the second question, I think my advice would be to setup a specific field in your schema for designating the type of property - website vs. app - that is providing data into the dataset.  You could also consider having different datasets in AEP for website vs. mobile app.  This would give you flexibility to establish a combined data view in CJA or to have separate ones for website vs. app.  If you're looking to have one AEP dataset, though, I would suggest designating a specific schema position that would help for distinguishing a website vs. a mobile app - e.g., a site type, site name.  Then, you would setup different data views in CJA for website vs. mobile app utilizing that schema field and its values.

Level 3

Hello @jinx0011 , 
I appreciate the detailed response. 
To your question 1-
Below is the screenshot where the option for dataset deletion is disabled. Not sure if there is a specific setting that I can enable to make this happen.

gmadala_0-1706315683700.png

Second question-
Here is what I understood from reading your comment - 
If I am collecting web and mobile app data in one report suite in Adobe Analytics. 
I can create 2 different datasets in AEP, one for web and other for app by applying filter on rows using some xyz logic and later combine the data in CJA at configuring dataview stage.
or 
I can just create one dataset ( report suite that has both app and web data ) and later in the CJA data views I can actually differentiate app vs web using the xyz logic on the schema property. 

Please let me know what you think. 
Thanks 

Level 2

@gmadala - I'm not sure on the first question - I haven't seen that before.  I'll do a little digging.

On Question 2, I may have misunderstood your scenario a bit in my initial response.  Are you using the Analytics Source Data Connector to push data from AA into AEP?  If this is the case, I think your AEP dataset should have similar fields in it, which you could use in CJA to distinguish your website vs. mobile app.  Can you provide a bit information on how you do this today in your AA report suite - e.g., using a custom evar/prop?

You shouldn't need to enable the Profile option in your AEP dataset for the purposes of determining web vs. mobile app.   

Level 3

Hello @jinx0011 , 
Thats right. I am using adobe analytics source connector to pushs data from adobe to aep and then use it to CJA. 
I am using a segment to based on a combination of couple of evars to different a app vs web hit and then created virtual report suits for workspace. 
You think I could build such combination of evars in CJA dataview stage as well ?

I thought this should be done at AEP profile level, but I could be wrong. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

@gmadala - Thanks for confirming!  Yes, those same evars would be available in your AEP dataset (I believe under _experience.analytics.customDimensions) and you can create filters to use in CJA as part of your CJA Data Views - one for web, one for mobile app.

I'm still not sure on why you can't delete the dataset.  Maybe you'd first need to disable / delete the Data Flow that is created from the Source Data Connector?  If not that, perhaps a permissions problem?

Administrator

Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.