Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Create Audience based on email opens

Level 3

I want to create an audience in AEP based on this criteria:
For an specific journey id, who opens the email.
I am also okay if I can created audiences with emails open based on email message id. 
But I could not find it. I can only see feedback status sent, delivered, bounced like these. Could anyone help me here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Zahid_14 You can get the required attributes under the customerjourneymanagement dataset to pull profiles who didn't open email in last 180days.

SatheeskannaK_0-1707402144924.png

SatheeskannaK_1-1707402184026.png

SatheeskannaK_2-1707402202369.png

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Zahid_14 - Did you enabled email open tracking in your journey on the email action? Once you do that , then you will see the events in the message tracking dataset, not in the feedback dataset.

Thanks,

Arpan

Level 3

Yes, it is enabled. But I cannot use the datasets directly in the audience other than composition. I want to avoid composition. 

Community Advisor

Hi @Zahid_14 - What exactly you want to do with this audience,If you want to do something custom on email open or click , have you thought about email reactions?

Level 3

@arpan-garg , Sorry for late reply. I think you meant the email reactions in journey? But I need it for audience. I want to built an audience based on the email response in all journeys. Like if there is no open in last 180 days, I want to exclude those persons from the future journeys. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Zahid_14 You can get the required attributes under the customerjourneymanagement dataset to pull profiles who didn't open email in last 180days.

SatheeskannaK_0-1707402144924.png

SatheeskannaK_1-1707402184026.png

SatheeskannaK_2-1707402202369.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

@SatheeskannaK 
I hope you are doing great. Do you know how can I aggregate like number of emails sent minimum 5 and did not open any email? 

Community Advisor

@Zahid_14 I'm good. thanks for asking. Hope you're doing well. Considering your ask, I don't see will be able to use computed attributes. Either you can use audience and see if that meets your requirement or else have a custom flag on the profile and use the audience to set the profile flag on a daily basis for any profiles that qualify. Another approach is that you can consider creating a scheduled query using the Query service to keep updating the profile flag.

Thanks, Sathees

Employee

Hi @SatheeskannaK,

How do we know what is the ID (message ID) of the sent email? I need to see if a person has received welcome email so I need to find out Message ID of that welcome email. 

Community Advisor

@MonikaAg In the journey select the email message (welcome email) and click copy and paste the output in Notepad to find the message id corresponding to the welcome email.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

Hello, 

I tried this code for an Audience I needed to build and it yielded 0 records. However, when I configured my Event f to use JourneyAction ID (using the MessageID # as the input for the search), I was able to get the records needed for the Audience.

Did something change in AJO where JourneyAction ID is now the equivalent of MessageID? Is MessageID only to be used if you also have Adobe Campaign as part of your Adobe Suite, and deliveries are being sent from Campaign and not AJO? My client only has AEP/AJO and not Campaign - so all emails are delivered from a Journey. 

Anyway, this was the configuration I needed in order to build an audience of previous sends the engaged with the email. 

Hope this helps someone. 

MontexHo_0-1714654634889.png

Community Advisor

@MontexHo, Nothing has changed recently, and take a look at this documentation on journey action id and message id details. You should be able to use the data attributes mentioned in the documentation to create an audience based on email engagement.

Thanks, Sathees