Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Crashlytics] [New Fatal Issue] com.adobe.marketing.mobile.services.ui.AEPMessage.dismiss

Level 1

We have been noticing a significant amount of crash on our firebase crashlytics in relation to Adobe In-App message on our Android App.

We are currently using

com.adobe.marketing.mobile:core: version - 2.3.1

This is the error - 

Fatal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.view.View.startAnimation(android.view.animation.Animation)' on a null object reference
at com.adobe.marketing.mobile.services.ui.AEPMessage.dismiss (AEPMessage.java:298)

I have attached a screenshot of the same and a detailed stack trace of the exception for your reference.

Can someone please have a look at this and help fix it. Thanks. 
2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @AnilKrishna 

I would start looking at onDismiss function. It seems StartAnimation function is called when the IAM is dismissed and no paramaters are pass to StartAnimation function.

Here is the sample code for IAMs
https://github.com/adobe/aepsdk-messaging-android/blob/main/code/testapp/src/main/java/com/adobe/mar...

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Dear @Manoj_Kumar_ 

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it. 

I do understand what is happening here. Since these classes are blackbox code to us we cannot do much to change anything from our side. Perhaps raising an issue on the github project might help I believe. 

However, I also see that in the latest 3.0.0 version, there are lot of changes related to the IAM and perhaps this issue is already handled? One thing we could do is to update the mobile core version and monitor the crashlytics to see if we still face this.