Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we send Data from Event Forwarding Property back to Launch Client Side Property?

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to send a response status from one of the Ajax request in Event Forwarding Property back to Adobe Launch Tag Property, but throwing this error below:

navdeepsaini1994_0-1697565220675.png

FYI - I am doing it via Adobe Cloud Connector Extension, is this also possible to do, if yes, what's the best method to do it?

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@navdeepsaini1994 There are couple of ways you could explore if the intent is to ensure the event made to the desired server ( i.e a successful response) or if error occurred during the process, however this information cannot be passed to client side. 

Instead you could save the response in a key on server side and send it to a logging platform ( splunk) and build dashboard/run reports to see success and failure of event forwarding. 

Hope that helps 

Anil 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@navdeepsaini1994 Event forwarding happens on server, this helps you forward events to other "server" destinations ( cloud, social destinations etc..)  and not back to the client ( browser). 

Level 1

Thanks @Anil_Umachigi  for the clarification here. You have understood the intent but wanted to ask how is Adobe planning to support whether those server-to-server aspects were successful if initiated from the client.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@navdeepsaini1994 There are couple of ways you could explore if the intent is to ensure the event made to the desired server ( i.e a successful response) or if error occurred during the process, however this information cannot be passed to client side. 

Instead you could save the response in a key on server side and send it to a logging platform ( splunk) and build dashboard/run reports to see success and failure of event forwarding. 

Hope that helps 

Anil