Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can Tags like Google Ads, Facebook, Bing be implemented using Event Forwarding?

Level 2

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone guide me if we can implement below Tags using Event Forwarding? We don't want to make client calls for these:

Google Ads
Bing
Facebook
Pinterst
LinkedIn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Nitin,

If the vendor requires data (like a vendor-specific unique ID, for example) that can only be generated or accessed by their own client-side tag, then that vendor tag is likely not a good candidate to move. Attempting to reverse-engineer a client-side tag with the idea of moving that data collection to event forwarding without the appropriate APIs is discouraged.

Thanks,

Asheesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@NitinCT You can do that in fact that's one of the main feature of the server side event forwarding. Note that Event forwarding is a paid feature that is included as part of the Adobe Real-Time Customer Data Platform Connections, Prime, or Ultimate offerings. May want to check with client suport.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Level 2

Hello Asheesh,

Thank you for the reply.

But when i see the documents it looks very different to me. For Eg For Facebook looks like Pixel on client side will be needed:

https://blog.developer.adobe.com/implement-facebook-conversion-api-fb-capi-with-adobe-event-forwardi...

For Google as well same thing:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/server/google-ads-enh...

In google docs it says:

nhanced conversions leverage the Google Ads API to add first-party data to a conversion that happened on a client device, usually a website. This means that there are two steps to implement enhanced conversions:

1. Send a conversion from the client.
  2. Use event forwarding to send additional first-party data that enhances the conversion data sent from the client.

Since sending conversion events involves both a client-side and server-side implementation, this document covers the prerequisite steps for setting up the client-side Google Global Site Tag (gtag) extension in addition to the Enhanced Conversions extension for event forwarding.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Nitin

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Nitin,

If the vendor requires data (like a vendor-specific unique ID, for example) that can only be generated or accessed by their own client-side tag, then that vendor tag is likely not a good candidate to move. Attempting to reverse-engineer a client-side tag with the idea of moving that data collection to event forwarding without the appropriate APIs is discouraged.

Thanks,

Asheesh