Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

API error - 429: Too Many Requests

Level 1

Hello,

I'm calling https://platform.adobe.io/data/xql/graphql to get a list of segments. I'm getting 50 segments at a time which is the limit per page. 

Recently the API at random times started returning "429: Too Many Requests" error. I'm retrying after waiting 10 seconds but in the end I'm never able to get the complete list of segments. The error is returned on random pages and waiting 10 seconds helps in the beginning but in the end it keeps returning the error.

I know there are rate limits but we are no reaching them. How should this be solved?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by

Hi @tomasbx 

This looks like some bursts of traffic hitting our upper limit of application policy. In case there is any scheduled script that calls AEP APIs in loop you may face that.

For example, if the threshold is set to 300 calls per minute you will start receiving the error from your 301st request.

To get more details on the policy and limit you can open a support ticket and they can check it from the backend.

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by

Hi @tomasbx 

This looks like some bursts of traffic hitting our upper limit of application policy. In case there is any scheduled script that calls AEP APIs in loop you may face that.

For example, if the threshold is set to 300 calls per minute you will start receiving the error from your 301st request.

To get more details on the policy and limit you can open a support ticket and they can check it from the backend.

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh