Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP to SFMC

Level 2

I'm trying to send data from AEP to SFMC using the provided API method. The AEP dashboard indicates that profiles are activated , but they aren't visible in Salesforce marketing cloud. How can I locate these profiles in SFMC ? Additionally, I'm using three attributes ( name , email and another field contact key which has a custom defined identity namespace called contactkey) for porfiles , with contact key set as primary indentity. Despite many profiles being activated on the AEP side they don't seem tp appear in SFMC. How can I ensure the data is properly transferred and resolve any issues with the contact key ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@vs1985 full disclosure, I have not set up that integration but my feedback is based on previous support tickets, not always fully confirmed by our customers. Let's see if someone else chimes in to add more info.

____

"salesforce_mc_segment_1" is only an example here but yes the attribute you create in SFMC needs to have the the field name you are going to use as a mapping ID when activating the segment to the destination.

If the segment names are not too complicated, you can use the segment name as the SFMC field name / segment Mapping ID

____

From what we can see in the doc, that would correspond to the attribute name in the target table.

____

The salesforceContactKey found in the Mapping target field can be one of your identities (ie: Customer ID)

Source field: CustomerId ---> Target field: salesforceContactKey

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

@vs1985 We have seen cases where the response from SFMC is showing "received response status: SUCCESS". However, in the body there is a custom status saying it is FAIL(ed). This additional status is not interpreted by AEP. Only the response status at the HTTP level is taken into consideration. This means that even if in the UI you have identities activated, in the backend it doesn't mean that the activation was successful. You may want to raise a Support ticket so we can dive into the logs for you.

I've seen a few issues where our logs were showing:

"Error","resultCode":"Update Failed","message":"Update failed for one or more AttributeSets. Note: Updates aren't allowed on attributes that form the primary Key of the attributeset"}

Based on the documentation an attribute named salesforce_mc_segment_1 should be within an SFMC attributeSet but we have seen cases where the attributeSet itself was named salesforce_mc_segment_1

Might not be your exact case though.

Level 2

Thanks for clarifying Tof_Jossic , I have a few doubts from the documentation itself 

the following paragraph shows up in the aep 

"Within Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you must create attributes with a FIELD NAME that exactly matches the value specified within Mapping ID for each activated Platform segment. For example, the screenshot below shows an attribute named salesforce_mc_segment_1. When activating an audience to this destination, add salesforce_mc_segment_1 as Mapping ID to populate audience audiences from Experience Platform into this attribute."

does this mean that we have to create an attribute called exactly "salesforce_mc_segment_1" ?

What exactly is mapping id supposed to be the name of the table in sfmc ?  or an attribute name in the target table ? 

Also in our profiles do we need to have a contactkey attribute that has a contactKey identity namesapce that we have custom defined?

Please explain with a simple example 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@vs1985 full disclosure, I have not set up that integration but my feedback is based on previous support tickets, not always fully confirmed by our customers. Let's see if someone else chimes in to add more info.

____

"salesforce_mc_segment_1" is only an example here but yes the attribute you create in SFMC needs to have the the field name you are going to use as a mapping ID when activating the segment to the destination.

If the segment names are not too complicated, you can use the segment name as the SFMC field name / segment Mapping ID

____

From what we can see in the doc, that would correspond to the attribute name in the target table.

____

The salesforceContactKey found in the Mapping target field can be one of your identities (ie: Customer ID)

Source field: CustomerId ---> Target field: salesforceContactKey