Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP schema creation error - "Cannot merge incompatible data types"

Level 2

Hi, thanks for reading.

I was using my org's AEP sandbox to validate a mobile app PoC.

To do this I needed to create a AEP schema, but upon trying to create a schema, I get the following error:

Picture 1.png

 I also found that I cannot edit my previously created schemas as well. Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I did some googleing and closest match I found was here.  But this link is for merging profiles, while I am only looking to create one.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @instant_pomelo  - AEP doesn't allow you to create blank schemas. Schemas are always based on certain class. By default it can be Experience event class or individual profile class. If you  want something different than this, you can create a custom class and then create a schema from it.

Thanks,

Arpan

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @instant_pomelo  - What merge policy is selected now? Is it default. In the new schema are you trying to add customer field group. If yes, what fields does it contain?

Level 2

Thanks Arpan for the quick response.

The new schema I am trying to create is empty/default. I haven't added in any field groups yet.  I cannot proceed beyond the first screen. Also the tickboxes aren't selectable (I cannot remember if this was the same earlier).

instant_pomelo_1-1698769216091.png

Community Advisor

Hi @instant_pomelo - Regarding tickbox are not selectable , this is how the UI of AEP is, you can't select the fields in the class selected. It just shows you the fields which are present in the Experience event class.

Level 2

Hi Arpan,

Thanks. I thought that was not selectable.

But any idea on why I cannot create a default blank schema? No specific merge policies were selected. But this is not even a merge event, I only wish to create a schema.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @instant_pomelo  - AEP doesn't allow you to create blank schemas. Schemas are always based on certain class. By default it can be Experience event class or individual profile class. If you  want something different than this, you can create a custom class and then create a schema from it.

Thanks,

Arpan