Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding a timestamp to streamed profile data

Level 3

We're sending Profile data to an AEP Profile dataset.
We're using the AEP HTTP API to stream this data to the Profile dataset.
Profile datasets do not require a timestamp, as opposed to event datasets.
However, could we add a timestamp and ensure that the AEP will ingest our payloads based on the timestamp?
We're running into issues where payloads get ingested in the wrong order.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Olivier_Blonste 

Consent should be overwritten when changed.

I am assuming, you are saving behaviour as an event. In this case, the timestamp attribute can be used.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Olivier_Blonste - Whats the usecase behind this? You want to have the profile with the latest timestamp in the profile store?

Thanks

Level 3

Hi @arpan-garg ,

It's "consent" data sent every time a user toggles the switch. We noticed that some users "like" to toggle that switch back and forth very quickly and sometimes several times in a row.
As you said, we would like RTCP to have the latest user's selection, "on" or "off", whatever was the last option selected by the user.
Because of this issue, as you can imagine, we will end up running some marketing activities to users that they did not opt-in for...or vice versa, which could lead to Legal issues.

Thank you!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Olivier_Blonste 

Consent should be overwritten when changed.

I am assuming, you are saving behaviour as an event. In this case, the timestamp attribute can be used.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

We are streaming the data (HTTP API) but it is not sent to an Event dataset, it is sent to a Profile dataset.

Thank you!

Administrator

@Olivier_Blonste Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.