Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Would you create separate Launch Mobile Properties for a particular country?

Level 3

Dear Community,

I want to take your opinions and thoughts on creating Launch Mobile Properties.

I have a scenario where for one country, let's say for Ireland, we have one main Launch Property dedicated to main eCom Mobile Application, now client is adding another app for Loyalty, and planning one additional app for another functionality. All these three will have Adobe Mobile SDK.

& I'm assuming they want to have reporting on same Analytics Report Suite for all three apps.

Question is, would you create a separate mobile property for each App or have just one and use same for all 3? 

Appreciate if you could share your experience.. 

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

3 different Launch Properties for 3 different mobile apps, as they may have different functions and features which require different tracking, and also could be developed and managed by different teams.

Even if there are three different Launch Properties, if you want to have all data going to the same AA report suite, just use the same report suite in the Adobe Analytics extension. However, you will want to have 3 virtual report suites so that you can have a focused view on one single app.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi @UserAP,

I suggest to use Main Launch Property for the upcoming the Mobile Application, since data collection will be pointing to same Report Suite there won't be any gap. 

In case if you want to different data between three apps, try capturing unique 'Site Section'(s.channel) value or some other variables as required for all 3 Apps.

Thanks,

Charles

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

3 different Launch Properties for 3 different mobile apps, as they may have different functions and features which require different tracking, and also could be developed and managed by different teams.

Even if there are three different Launch Properties, if you want to have all data going to the same AA report suite, just use the same report suite in the Adobe Analytics extension. However, you will want to have 3 virtual report suites so that you can have a focused view on one single app.

Level 3

Thanks @leocwlau ,

For Analytics its seems to be fine. I am just concerned about Adobe Campaign, as they are planning to use it for push notifications.

As I believe Campaign will have separate integration keys for mobile apps, I have either an option to update configs via programmatic update or create a separate Launch property. 

Let me know if you have ever used programmatic update functionality

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, I don't have experience with Adobe Campaign and unable to comment on how to integrate with Adobe Launch