Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

When using Web Vitals extension, I see the rating but why isn't the value data element being populated for the Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS)?

Level 2

Here's a screenshot of of analytics going through for 3 of the web vital attributes (FID, LCP, & CLS).. the value is coming through for FID and LCP but not CLS for whatever reason.

web-vitals-screenshot.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think I know why you're facing this problem. It is possible for CLS to return a value of 0, i.e. zero. However, I had incorrectly programmed the Metric Value (and Metric Delta) data elements to return "undefined" in such cases.

I've made a fix so that the data elements return 0 properly. I've submitted my v1.4.2 extension with this fix to Adobe for public release. Hopefully, Adobe can release my updated extension soon.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, I'm the developer of that Web Vitals extension. What you're experiencing should not be happening.

Can you share a test page that has this problem, so that I can observe what is happening to troubleshoot further?

Level 2

Hi yuhuisg, I'm unfortunately unable to share a test page, I know that isn't very helpful in troubleshooting.  But we followed the documentation for setting the variables for each of the elements.. it's just odd that everything would work except for a CLS value

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think I know why you're facing this problem. It is possible for CLS to return a value of 0, i.e. zero. However, I had incorrectly programmed the Metric Value (and Metric Delta) data elements to return "undefined" in such cases.

I've made a fix so that the data elements return 0 properly. I've submitted my v1.4.2 extension with this fix to Adobe for public release. Hopefully, Adobe can release my updated extension soon.

Level 2

Thank you for the insight... How frequent does Adobe release extension updates?

Community Advisor

It usually takes a week to 2 weeks after the extension owner has submitted an update.

Level 1

@yuhuisg , looks like your update corrected the issue! Thank you for your prompt response and execution on this matter.

Community Advisor

I'm pleased to hear that your problem has been solved!