Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Video Percent Rules: Firing Multiple Times

Level 2

Hey All!

Our percent (25,50,75,100) video rules seem to be firing multiple times. My hunch is they are firing stacked on top of each other. So the 25 percent is firing on 50,75, 100, etc. and on our Video Complete tag. Any thoughts why this may be happening?

Any way I can create a condition that says "fire ONLY on the first 25% watched?"

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

What event are you using? We have also video rules using the "Media Time Played" event for the same milestones as you have and they work as expected. Could it be that you don't clear variables in between the events or are you using custom code which has maybe a bug in it?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

What event are you using? We have also video rules using the "Media Time Played" event for the same milestones as you have and they work as expected. Could it be that you don't clear variables in between the events or are you using custom code which has maybe a bug in it?

Level 2

Hey Thomas! Yes, it was the clear variables action. We just figured it out this morning. Thank you for the comment and the clear variables verification.

Best,

Eric