Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Video Implementation through Launch

Level 4

Hi Team,

This is my first implementation with Video. I have dataLayer on my clients website and I'm not sure which one to use Milestone(Legacy) or HeartBeat and please suggest which is the best to implement using the Launch. Also, please guide me with the implementation process.

Looking forward to hear.

Thanks,

Balakrishna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi BalaKrishna,

With respect to launch, There is extension with name "Adobe Media Analytics for Audio and Video" which add the SDK code in the launch property and then you may need to create MediaHeartBeat tracker instance in custom code editor. Refer below Github link :

reactor-user-docs/adobe-analytics-for-video-extension.md at master · Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/reactor-u...

Regards

Harish Kumar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Milestone is legacy method of video tracking.Adobe recommend to use the latest video tracking method i.e Heartbeat. Product teams are actively working on enhancing and improving Video Heartbeat only.

Here is documentation on Heartbeat implementation :

Video Heartbeat Developer Guide

With respect to Launch, you need to add the SDK code and implementation in Launch custom code editor.

Level 4

Hi Hariskum,

Thanks for your time for responding the query !

Does website video tracking also need the SDK code. As for as I know SDK is used for mobile tagging correct me if I'm wrong? dataLayer is not used for Video Implementation?

With respect to Launch, you need to add the SDK code and implementation in Launch custom code editor.

Is there any implementation training video to guide.

Thanks,

Balakrishna

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi BalaKrishna,

With respect to launch, There is extension with name "Adobe Media Analytics for Audio and Video" which add the SDK code in the launch property and then you may need to create MediaHeartBeat tracker instance in custom code editor. Refer below Github link :

reactor-user-docs/adobe-analytics-for-video-extension.md at master · Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/reactor-u...

Regards

Harish Kumar

Level 4

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the help and its very much helpful.

Thanks,

Balakrishna

Level 10

Hi Balakrishna,

Does Harish's reply answer your question? If so, can you mark the reply as the correct answer?

Thanks,
Jantzen