Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Two Direct calls triggering at the same time causing the same variables & Event getting passed in both the s.tl calls

Level 2

Hi All,

I have 2 direct call rules set up (Based on identifier) which will be fired on a landing page of application form. I am facing an issue with this set up as the DCR1 Variables & Event are being overridden with the DCR2 variables & Event.

Direct Call Rule 1: Application form Load : event 8 (Rule sequence 50)

Direct Call Rule 2: Application form Visible :event 9 (Rule Sequence 100)

Both direct calls rules Action sequence

Actions.PNG

Added delay for both direct call rules so that these both do not fire prior to the Page view call.

Custom code.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Sek_23 

I hope you have setup 2 separate rules. rule ordering allows you to control the order of execution for rules that share an event of same type. 

So you can try like below

1) create a rule (which you already created) with direct call events.  

2) Add condition and action with your direct call rule

3) Add Max Frequency condition like below 

gokula_0-1645107554128.png

Please chose the Unit based on your scenario. 

So here in this case, 

When direct call triggered the rule fired, it check max frequency condition, if this is the first time then rule will run and frequency will be 0, rule continue running and update to frequency 1. 

if direct call triggered again then rule will run however this time max frequency condition will fail so the rule stops there and action won't execute this time. 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

Have you tried changing the rule order for both the rules. You can do that under "Advanced Options" when you are setting up the direct call rule event configuration. The lower value rule gets fired first.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Sek_23 

I hope you have setup 2 separate rules. rule ordering allows you to control the order of execution for rules that share an event of same type. 

So you can try like below

1) create a rule (which you already created) with direct call events.  

2) Add condition and action with your direct call rule

3) Add Max Frequency condition like below 

gokula_0-1645107554128.png

Please chose the Unit based on your scenario. 

So here in this case, 

When direct call triggered the rule fired, it check max frequency condition, if this is the first time then rule will run and frequency will be 0, rule continue running and update to frequency 1. 

if direct call triggered again then rule will run however this time max frequency condition will fail so the rule stops there and action won't execute this time. 

Hope this helps. 

Community Advisor

ok this is an interesting case and one that cannot be fully answered I think by ordering the rule as the issue lies in Adobe Analytics code execution. 

If I understand well you want to send an event when the form is loaded followed by an event when the form is visible. This can happen really quickly and might not give enough time for analytics to be sent. In results in the analytics object to be updated with new configuration.

One of the solution might be to use the override functionality https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/js/overrides.html?lang=en