Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking "Form Submission" rule configured in Launch not firing correctly

Community Advisor

I built a Click event rule in Launch for the "Form Submit" button. But this rule is firing even if you just click submit button even if the fields of the form are not entered. Any solution to that?

I have also tested it by changing it to event type Form "Submit" and now nothing is coming in the debugger. 

jsvasu_0-1618503220732.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Given your situation, it would be best for your developers to trigger a Direct Call _satellite.track() when their form submission script runs successfully. You can then build a Rule from that Direct Call to track your form submission.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@yuhuisg I have tried implementing by changing the event type but it's not working. Also, my page url does not change after submission it just shows the "Thank you message". 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Given your situation, it would be best for your developers to trigger a Direct Call _satellite.track() when their form submission script runs successfully. You can then build a Rule from that Direct Call to track your form submission.

Level 9

I want to say sometimes the "submit" trigger is looking for the element of the FORM that is being submitted, not the submit button.  If you can't get the developers to set a reliable direct call for you, I'd try either changing the trigger to be click-based on the submit button, or submit-based on the form, if that makes sense.