Expand my Community achievements bar.

Send profile type information by Data Collection.

Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have recently been reading that you can send profile type information in a data stream (in Data Collection), I thought it could only be event type information, does anyone know any documentation that can guide me?

Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hi @Danieltapias18,

The Datastreams in the Data Collection allow you to feed data directly into the Profile data collection.

You can add AEP as a service and choose the default datasets for events and profiles under the Datastream option.

Kumar_Saurabh__0-1712941412203.png

Documentation link- https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/datastreams/configure#aep

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh

Level 1

Thank you @Kumar_Saurabh_ ,

I found that part, but I can't find where to do the mapping or where to configure the sending of the information to the profile schema, could you help me?

Regards,

Daniel Tapias

Community Advisor

Hey @Danieltapias18 

If you are doing some profile updates that happen behind the scenes like attaching push notification token then this mapping in the datastream works.

Else the custom mapping in the profile dataset does not work through the datastream unless something has changed in the very recent couple of months.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Employee

HI @Danieltapias18 ,

The purpose of having the option to stream Web/App data to Profile Dataset using Datastream are mentioned below:

- Capture User Consent & Preference Information.

- Capture Push Notification details.

- Capture Region Data for Target Use-case.

Note: You do not need to intentionally populate any of the fields in this dataset as part of their Web/Mobile SDK implementation. It will all be handled automatically.

Also, the schema must be enabled for profile.

Your schema should contain the below field groups as per the requirement.

Kumar_Saurabh__0-1713018701301.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh