Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Seeing which rules a data element is used on

Level 1

Is it possible to 'audit' where a data element (or for that matter an analytics evar/prop/event) is actually in use within a rule?

For example, we are changing our User authentication system, and I want to quickly flag or list all of the rules that will need to be updated/tested to ensure they continue to pass user properties from the new system on our analytics events. However I can't find a way to work backwards from the data element to get a list of all the rules it is present on. 

Do I have to open each rule, then open up each analytics 'set variables' container and check for each data element I need to flag for, or is there an easier way?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Sarah,

You can use this URL created by our MVP Urs Boller, input your library, click on the Content Tab to search for your Data Elements in the Search Bar to see the Rules list: Super useful, and thanks to him.

Or download the library, open all the files in one click, and search for the Data Element to find the rule names manually (Using Find All in All Opened Documents in Notepad++). 

Thank You, Arun.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Sarah,

You can use this URL created by our MVP Urs Boller, input your library, click on the Content Tab to search for your Data Elements in the Search Bar to see the Rules list: Super useful, and thanks to him.

Or download the library, open all the files in one click, and search for the Data Element to find the rule names manually (Using Find All in All Opened Documents in Notepad++). 

Thank You, Arun.

Level 10

Hi Sara,

I recommend to run such an audit with this tool that will show you all rules and extensions where the data element is in use

https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/aep_launch_inspector/444323512075

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?