Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rule revisions dropdown not working at high revision count?

Level 4

Well: I've finally done it. I have a Launch rule that's reached 118 revisions - but I seem to have run into a problem. I was trying to look at the revision history to compare the currently live version to the revision 117, but when I click on the dropdown to try to select a revision I never get the dropdown menu and can't select previous revisions.

Tags is definitely trying to do something: the inner scrollbar lights up as if a large element is being created, but then it immediately returns to the previous state. Effectively: it's as if Tags is trying to create the drop-down list and failing to do so for some reason. This is happening both for the revisions drop-down in the rule itself as well as the revisions drop-down within "Compare Revisions". 

2022-05-03_10-17-57.png2022-05-03_10-18-20.png

One thing I did notice: when I load any rule I see a callout to the "revisions" API end point (https://reactor.adobe.io/rules/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/revisions?page[size]=999&sort=-revision_number) - which is what I would expect. However, the response to the API call only captures the most recent 100 revisions (Latest, 118, 117, 116, etc). The meta attribute clearly notes there should be 119 revisions - so maybe something is getting confused by the fact that not all of the revisions are actually being pulled down from the API?

2022-05-03_10-20-43.png

2022-05-03_10-21-45.png

Has anyone else encountered an issue like this? If the revisions API call is the problem, I'd expect to see this with any rule having 100+ revisions - but none of my other rules are even close to that many revisions.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Reyhan_Sadaka 

I'm facing similar issues - the current revision count for me is 96 and when I click on the dropdown to try to select a earlier revision I never get the dropdown menu open. The same thing happening for me too as you explained above about the scrollbars in UI. 

gokula_0-1651766943162.png                                   gokula_1-1651767085767.png 

So when I refreshed the page which works for me.  

gokula_2-1651767157591.png

Look like this is UI behaviour which somehow not working correctly but I'll see what the scenario after 100 and more revision for me. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Reyhan_Sadaka 

I'm facing similar issues - the current revision count for me is 96 and when I click on the dropdown to try to select a earlier revision I never get the dropdown menu open. The same thing happening for me too as you explained above about the scrollbars in UI. 

gokula_0-1651766943162.png                                   gokula_1-1651767085767.png 

So when I refreshed the page which works for me.  

gokula_2-1651767157591.png

Look like this is UI behaviour which somehow not working correctly but I'll see what the scenario after 100 and more revision for me. 

Thanks

Level 4

Oh wow: that's interesting.

I tried the same thing (just a simple refresh - not even a hard refresh) and it fixed the issue for me too - I was able to get a revision dropdown for that rule. Even better: the revision drop-down still worked inside "Compare Revisions" :

2022-05-06_9-21-39.png

This still seems like a glitch inside Launch - but for the purposes of this question, I think you've got the correct reply. Thanks!

Community Advisor

Glad to know that it works for you as well. I'll see if I can raise with Adobe Launch team to make it correct.

Thanks