Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

request not visible in Omniture dashboard

Level 1

Hi all,

i have used the omniture library in android before and was able to send request and also able to see those request in omniture dashboard.

After a month iam using the same code but unable to see the increments in omniture dashboard.

Any idea what may be wrong . any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

As far as I understand you are using the Android appmeasurement to tag your app and send data to SiteCatalyst.

If there is no data being displayed in SC then you will will have to check the following :

1.Check if the image request is being send to adobe servers. Use a packet monitor as Charles. (http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/validate-your-mobile-app-measurement-implementatio...)

2.If the image request is being sent successfully then check if you can see the parameter "ts=". This parameter is the manual timestamp set in the app.

3.Phone clientcare and ask if the report suite to which you send the data to is timestamp enabled.

4.a.If the report suite is timestamp enabled and there is no ts= , then either you need to enable offline tracking in your app ot disable timestamp in report suite.

b.If the report suite is timestamp disabled and ts= is present in inage request then enable timestamp on report suite.

5.If #2 #3 and #4 are correct then check the version of the library that you are using. If you are using 4.x all the data is sent via context data and processing rules will have to be enabled to populate the right reports. The SDK uses context data and processing rules to map your app data to Analytics variables for reporting.    

If you do not know how to read the image request post it here, we will be able to help 

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

As far as I understand you are using the Android appmeasurement to tag your app and send data to SiteCatalyst.

If there is no data being displayed in SC then you will will have to check the following :

1.Check if the image request is being send to adobe servers. Use a packet monitor as Charles. (http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/validate-your-mobile-app-measurement-implementatio...)

2.If the image request is being sent successfully then check if you can see the parameter "ts=". This parameter is the manual timestamp set in the app.

3.Phone clientcare and ask if the report suite to which you send the data to is timestamp enabled.

4.a.If the report suite is timestamp enabled and there is no ts= , then either you need to enable offline tracking in your app ot disable timestamp in report suite.

b.If the report suite is timestamp disabled and ts= is present in inage request then enable timestamp on report suite.

5.If #2 #3 and #4 are correct then check the version of the library that you are using. If you are using 4.x all the data is sent via context data and processing rules will have to be enabled to populate the right reports. The SDK uses context data and processing rules to map your app data to Analytics variables for reporting.    

If you do not know how to read the image request post it here, we will be able to help 

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Level 1

thanks for the reply 

Iam using 4.x and everything was working fine i was able to get logs as well for pageviews and button click

But now from 2 days iam unable to get any logs . Any idea why?

Thanks

Community Advisor

1.Can you please post an image request here.

2.Which exact data you cannot see ? 

3.Have you enabled any processing rules ?