Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Project Griffon link works in Emulator but not in physical device

Level 3

Hi All, 

We are trying to implement Project Griffon in our AEP SDK for hybrid mobile app created using Flutter. We did a PoC, to test Project griffon, and it is working as expected in Emulator. But when I installed test build (apk) in my android device, and followed the QR code (also link url), it opens the app but doesn't show PIN code screen, nor does it open in Griffon debug mode. 

Do you know what could be the issue? 

Many thanks in advance

Regards,

Rupal

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @pkpravin , 

Yes, this message appears in log. The problem however seemed to be an intermittent issue. I tried to restart my device a few times and then atleast the QR code worked and I was able to open the app in Griffon debug mode. 

This is intermittent, it sometimes works smooth, sometimes I have to try a couple of times to get PIN code screen. Lastly, the copy link feature is still not working, possible due to some wrong configuration in application side. We are trying to investigate further on that. 

But many thanks for your reply

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee

Hi Rupel,

Are you using the Flutter SDK https://pub.dev/packages/flutter_assurance ?

If not, could you try to use it? It should be the latest version.

Getting started doc for Flutter is available at https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/foundation-extensions/adobe-experience-platform-assurance

Thanks,
Hiroshi

Level 3

Hi @Hiroshi ,

Yes we are using Flutter SDK and followed the same documentation. The issue is that it works perfectly fine in emulator but not on physical device.

Employee

I don't have much experience with Flutter, I'll ask another team member to help.
In meanwhile, can you try to gather any clues from logging?

Employee

Hi @rupaljain2408 ,

The first thing I would like to ensure is if the deeplink has reached the Assurance SDK. While running in the android device can you confirm that following log message exists?

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: Assurance - Assurance dispatched start session event with URL `<your_deeplink_url>`

PRO TIP :  Make sure the debug log level is turned on with API 

MobileCore.setLogLevel(LoggingMode.VERBOSE)

Meantime can you also help us with these information

1. Current Assurance SDK version ? (You can retrieve them using the API )

String version = await FlutterAssurance.extensionVersion;

2. The make, model and OS version of the mobile device.

3. Does this issue happen with all the android device except emulator, or on a particular device?

Thanks,

Pravin

Level 3

Hi Pravin, 

1. Current Assurance SDK Version is 1.0.3

2. Mobile Device is Samsung Galazy A50, android version 11

3. Well we had only one device with me, but I will try to find another test device and run the apk build.

Thank you

Employee

@rupaljain2408 , Thank you for the details. You are already on the latest version of Assurance SDK.

Can u please confirm if you see the following log message once you open griffon deeplink on your device?

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: Assurance - Assurance dispatched start session event with URL `<your_deeplink_url>`

-Pravin 

Administrator

@rupaljain2408 Did you get change to check the above log message?

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @pkpravin , 

Yes, this message appears in log. The problem however seemed to be an intermittent issue. I tried to restart my device a few times and then atleast the QR code worked and I was able to open the app in Griffon debug mode. 

This is intermittent, it sometimes works smooth, sometimes I have to try a couple of times to get PIN code screen. Lastly, the copy link feature is still not working, possible due to some wrong configuration in application side. We are trying to investigate further on that. 

But many thanks for your reply