Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Profile update after changes

Level 2

Hi,

I have some customers in my profile store and has some attributes to it.

I ingested some data in particular datasets, that will change the values in customer profile.

Do i need to wait sometime, to reflect the changes done in dataset to reflect in profiles

Or is there any API that we can fire to update the profile of any customer or dataset

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by

Hi @Prateek-Garg ,

After records in dataset completes and green tick appears you can see profile & identity records shows in-progress and upon completion they show you a count along with green tick.

This is the easiest way to monitor. Screenshot for reference.

arijitg_1-1701754208472.png

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2

You need to wait at least 24hrs to see the changes/updates in profile store after data ingestion.

This is because AEP runs a jobs sometime in a day to pick updates from datasets and update profile store.

Level 2

is there any way, that i can trigger the profile update via API

Level 2

is there any way we can force refresh Profile?

via API or something else?

Hi @info_centre1 

For a profile enabled dataset & schema if it's a streaming ingestion profile attributes updates in real-time within seconds.

If it's a batch ingestion once data lake ingestion is completed internal jobs automatically initiates (you don't need to and you can't trigger that manually via API) the movement of data to UPS & UIS in monitor you can see the progress. Completion time depends on the batch size but you don't need to wait for 24 hours.

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh

Level 2

Hi @arijitg ,

For a batch ingestion how can we monitor the movement of data from lake to UPS (Unified Profile Store)? 

Regards,

Prateek

Correct answer by

Hi @Prateek-Garg ,

After records in dataset completes and green tick appears you can see profile & identity records shows in-progress and upon completion they show you a count along with green tick.

This is the easiest way to monitor. Screenshot for reference.

arijitg_1-1701754208472.png

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh