Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need documenation for self-hosting Launch

Level 3

Apparently there is some documentation somewhere that details how to self-host Launch production releases in a way that can be done separately from website code releases.

I spoke with an Adobe employee at the Adobe area in the Pavillion at Summit a few weeks back.  He said there is documentation on how to do it and that he would send me the documentation.  He mentioned coding a webhook.  I am still waiting.  It is likely he lost my contact info and I was not smart enough to take a picture of his badge so I could reach out.

Anybody had an idea on where documentation like this exists?  

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @valerie_anders 

Here is documentation for Self hosting libraries for Adobe Data Collection (Formerly called as Adobe Launch)

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/tags/publish/self-hosting-libraries  

Is this something you looking for right? 

Level 3

I am looking for more guidance.  I understand how to configure our production Launch files to be self-hosting.

I am wanting to have our website code base to pick up the self-hosted files as we publish to production, rather than bundling with our website releases. 

I can imagine that I could have our teams work on processes that would be able to do that, but I believe that Adobe may have a solution for this that would streamline our work.  

Community Advisor

@valerie_anders wrote:

...but I believe that Adobe may have a solution for this that would streamline our work.  

When you choose the self-hosting option, then that really means what it says: you are hosting the Launch libraries by yourself. That entails all of the work that is needed to make the self-hosted Launch library to be available in your <script> tag. Adobe cannot help you with that, because how that works depends entirely on your website's build process, a process that is unique to your website. You will definitely need to engage your developers to get the self-hosted Launch library to be available in the <script> tag in the web pages.

Level 3

Sure.  I should have mentioned that we are moving to AEM.