Expand my Community achievements bar.

Mobile app SDK generating lots of hits - any ways to edit lifecycle metrics?

Level 1

You can monitor the amount of hits generated by Adobe through “admin -> billings” page. I noticed that mobile apps are generating much higher amount of primary calls than normal websites even though amount of visits would be almost the same. I’m sure the reason is Adobe’s SDK packages and by implementing those we can automatically get lots of good data with these “lifecycle metrics”. So nothing special about that. But since Adobe’s license (costs) are based on the amount of hits… I was just wondering are there any ways to try to minimize the hits other than just taking SDK away? Not even sure are there some “nice to know” metrics that shouldn’t be maybe measured all the time? Don’t have a really specific question, but I guess you figured out what I’m trying to ask, just any comments around this topic or have you ever wondered this yourself? Of course if we would have limited hits and billing would be based on some other factor, then there wouldn’t be anything to discuss.

I noticed that new SDK files are containing metrics to see is hit generated while the app is in background or in active use. This is great way to make sure that everything is implemented correctly and great way to see which metrics are populated on the background and are there some unnecessary calls for example. I know that location track might be a call that could affect the amount of hits, but that can be easily disabled.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies