Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

How do I implement Adobe analytics via Launch?

Level 2

We are working on a new native mobile app and we need to implement Adobe analytics to it. I created the property in Launch, however I still need to do the configuration in analytics. Can I find somewhere a guide on implementing analytics via Launch, from downloading the SDK to making the config and creating the report in analysis workspace?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi Anca,

This is the doc can get you start with : Adobe Analytics - Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDKs

SDK will be downloaded from Gradle (Android) or CocoaPod (iOS).

You can also refer to "Mobile Install Instructions" in Launch from your property > Environments > Install button (The little icon on the right of the environment name)

From the above doc, it mentions about Report Suite (Analytics Admin Guide), but I want to point out look at the Mobile Management as well to enable the Analytics for mobile .

Best Regards,

Calise Cheung
Mobile Engineer

Adobe Experience Cloud

Employee

Also, in addition to above this may be helpful. Below are steps to a sample that walks through an implementation from start to finish for Swift, Objective-C and Android

Overview   Swift

Overview  Objective - C

Overview  Android

Regards,

Jen

Level 1

Hi!

I'm actually implementing Launch on a mobile application, Launch configuration is correctly set during app launch but I have no analytics tags sent.

In Launch platform, I already have published extensions in a production version. Do I need to create rules in Launch platform or only tracking codes in app (trackstate and actions) are enough to correctly send tags?

Thanks!

Kevin

Employee

Hi Kevin,

You do not need to create rules, but you do indeed need app code to trackState or trackAction for Analytics.  For Lifecycle also, app code needs to be implemented in the app code.

Here is a link that do somewhat of a walk through of implementing Mobile App via Launch for Swift, in the first information blue box has a link to Objective-C and Android.  This should help with your initial. implementation.  https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-cloud/implementing-in-mobile-ios-swift-apps-with-l...

Jen