Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to make changes to a Published Library in Adobe Launch

Level 2

How do i make changes to a published library in Adobe Launch.

I have published a library for one of my clients. but now i want to capture another data element and needs to set it in an eVar on Page load Rule.

I don't see any option to make changes to my published library.

Please help.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

The new library doesn't need any of the previously approved assets.  Try not using the 'add all changed resources' button, I've found that it confuses most people and gets in the way of a more linear workflow.

There might be a specific workflow that will work for you...  Try this idea and let me know if it makes logical sense as something reproducible...  I've found this workflow the best way to get people started on Launch's complex library mgmt and build-to-environment workflow.

5 Step Process to Making Changes with Adobe Launch

1. Go into publishing, Make a new library

---Do NOT add anything to this library---

---Do NOT hit the 'add all changed resources' button , in fact , NEVER use that button!!!!---

2. In the top-right corner, you should see an option for "Working Library" , select your new library.

---Now you can start the work that you'd normally do---

3.  Whenever you add or update a rule, data element, extension, etc...  Just remember to bit the "Save to Library and Build" option. 

---Quick tip if you work with a single dev library in the property:  If you already made the changes to the asset but it's not in your library: just open the item again and then hit "Save to Library and Build".---

4. After you've done your quick changes, you can now go back to the publishing tab.

5. Approve the new library through the publishing workflow as usual

(remember, you don't need to add anything to your library, you already did that automatically with "Save to Library and Build").

6. Repeat step 1...

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

Go to the Publishing tab, then create a new library. You can make your changes, build to development, test, then publish live from there.

Level 2

Thanks.

But i don't want to create a new library for every small change.

Everytime i create a new library, i have to add all unchanged data elements, rules as well to the new library one by one along with new rules.

Is there a way i can duplicate the old published library  and add just the new rules and data elements ?

Thanks.

Level 2
I agree. So, what I do is promote to Staging/Submitted stage, then reject if I need to make a change. And keep recycling the same library that way rather than creating a proliferation of libraries.

Level 3

I have one more question related to publishing.

I have two libraries published in production. but both have different resources. How these will works. In production it will work by merging with old changes, merging with old library or it will overwrite the old library completely.

Just for testing i published few library to production without any development. now i can't delete those libraries. How could i remove the changes (i set few postbacks and extensions upgrade) that i published in production library. Please guide me.

Correct answer by
Level 4

The new library doesn't need any of the previously approved assets.  Try not using the 'add all changed resources' button, I've found that it confuses most people and gets in the way of a more linear workflow.

There might be a specific workflow that will work for you...  Try this idea and let me know if it makes logical sense as something reproducible...  I've found this workflow the best way to get people started on Launch's complex library mgmt and build-to-environment workflow.

5 Step Process to Making Changes with Adobe Launch

1. Go into publishing, Make a new library

---Do NOT add anything to this library---

---Do NOT hit the 'add all changed resources' button , in fact , NEVER use that button!!!!---

2. In the top-right corner, you should see an option for "Working Library" , select your new library.

---Now you can start the work that you'd normally do---

3.  Whenever you add or update a rule, data element, extension, etc...  Just remember to bit the "Save to Library and Build" option. 

---Quick tip if you work with a single dev library in the property:  If you already made the changes to the asset but it's not in your library: just open the item again and then hit "Save to Library and Build".---

4. After you've done your quick changes, you can now go back to the publishing tab.

5. Approve the new library through the publishing workflow as usual

(remember, you don't need to add anything to your library, you already did that automatically with "Save to Library and Build").

6. Repeat step 1...

Level 1

I do not understand two things:

1. why would adobe make it so complicated, error prone, and time consuming to make changes?
2. why would ANYONE use this software on a website?

Level 3

Hi, Thanks for your response.

Can you please tell me how can we manager our global variable, especially report suite. When we publish the library from dev to qa or qa to prod, the report suite value that i defined in extension are overwrite with another environment. How should i dynamically change the report suite for each environment, when publishing the library.

Note: The solution i am looking for SDK implementation. So any rules or options to switch the report suite dynamically would be helpful.

Employee Advisor

Launch already has dev/prod report suite capabilities built in.

1. Specify the dev/stage/prod report suites when configuring the Analytics extension
  2. Under environments, you should have a dev, stage, and prod environment.
  3. Next to each of these environments, there is install code. You will want to have each of these install codes implemented on their respective site versions (dev/stage/prod).

If you have additional questions, I'd recommend creating a new thread since the topic at hand is different than what was originally posted. Thanks!

Level 2
It seems you can't reuse a library once it is live/published to production. Since I don't want to keep creating new libraries when I am experimenting, what I do is promote to the Staging/Submitted stage (not to production), then reject it if I need to make a change. And keep recycling the same library that way rather than creating a proliferation of libraries. I hope this helps.