Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to Create / Take Customer Profile Snapshot Into Datalake

Level 2

How to take a snapshot of a profile into datalake of adobe experience platform. Do we have any specific / standard way to do that, kindly let me know.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

1. Create a rule in Adobe Experience Platform Launch that triggers when a user visits a profile page.
2. Set up an action to send the profile data to Adobe Experience Platform.
3. Map the profile data to the appropriate fields in Adobe Experience Platform.

or 

1. Set up a data connector between your website or application and Adobe Experience Platform.
2. Use the Real-time Customer Profile API to retrieve the profile data for the current user.
3. Send the profile data to Adobe Experience Platform.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@MasterLeeman Could you elaborate the use case? Are you looking to access profile created in AEP? Or Are you wanting to export profile snapshot externally? 

Anil 

Level 2

@Anil_Umachigi - Two things,

i) I want to export the profile snapshot externally

ii) Also i want to navigate the path of the snapshot in datalake

Community Advisor

@MasterLeeman Okay, so if you navigate to datasets and filter datasets to include "show system datasets", this will enable "profile snapshot dataset" to be visible. 

You can also navigate to this using query service. 

Depending on your usecase, you can write a query to read the snapshot and create a new dataset which can then be exported

Level 2

@Anil_Umachigi Is there any API to query and read the snapshot and also any API to export delta snapshot on daily basis.

Community Advisor

@MasterLeeman You can use the queryservice api to query the dataset and for desired data, but may really support the delta. 

It will always get back the latest data at the time of query. 

Hope that helps

Correct answer by
Level 5

1. Create a rule in Adobe Experience Platform Launch that triggers when a user visits a profile page.
2. Set up an action to send the profile data to Adobe Experience Platform.
3. Map the profile data to the appropriate fields in Adobe Experience Platform.

or 

1. Set up a data connector between your website or application and Adobe Experience Platform.
2. Use the Real-time Customer Profile API to retrieve the profile data for the current user.
3. Send the profile data to Adobe Experience Platform.

Level 2

@Anil_Umachigi - Thanks for the update, performing the change. Once final ask, like while querying the snapshot unable to find the name of the snapshot id from query service.