Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I trigger analytics for browse abandonment?

Level 2

Happy Monday Adobe Team,

I am using adobe analytics as my data source for browse trigger and am struggling with defining the business rules for my browse trigger.

I want to trigger a browse abandonment for when user has browsed more than three PDPs and does not add any item to cart. . i.e. when user sees Prodview 3 times - trigger browse abandonment and capture the last 3 skus viewed.

I setup my rules accordingly but it doesn't seem to be firing

Visit must include -   

Prodview exists

And

Prodviews equals 3

Visit must not include

cart additions exits

Include metadata

skus

question is how do I set this up to capture my business rules... ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @keeTee , are these conditions based on data element you are setting, and how are you actually sending the skus? Depending on wether your site is a SPA or not, you (or a developer) may need to determine the best way of storing the skus that meet the conditions across several pages. You're logic could be, during every new page (or product view click for SPAs), check the stored location for three skus, based on some predetermined delimiter. Business logic should be separated to events that are qualifying/disqualifying and setting data:

1. If qualifying product view, add that sku to stored location.

2. If cart additions exit, remove all skus from stored location.

3. Before each click/page beacon on the relevant page(s), check if the 3 skus are in the stored location. If they are, set the analytics variable with those skus and then clear out the stored location.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @keeTee , are these conditions based on data element you are setting, and how are you actually sending the skus? Depending on wether your site is a SPA or not, you (or a developer) may need to determine the best way of storing the skus that meet the conditions across several pages. You're logic could be, during every new page (or product view click for SPAs), check the stored location for three skus, based on some predetermined delimiter. Business logic should be separated to events that are qualifying/disqualifying and setting data:

1. If qualifying product view, add that sku to stored location.

2. If cart additions exit, remove all skus from stored location.

3. Before each click/page beacon on the relevant page(s), check if the 3 skus are in the stored location. If they are, set the analytics variable with those skus and then clear out the stored location.

Level 2

Thanks for responding @Jacob-DDdev 

Forgot to mention that am setting the above rules in Adobe Trigger.  But want to be able to trigger the event or page beacon in AA.

Currently, during every product view, we capture the sku into an eVar, so thinking of also keeping the sku in a stored location. so based on your solution, can this be achieved in Adobe Launch?

Community Advisor

Are you setting up Rules in Launch or Segments in AA? The way you've described your rules sounds more like AA Segments. If so, maybe you can post at https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/bd-p/adobe-analytics-qand... to get help from other AA users.

Level 2

Hi, thanks for responding.

The rules above are set in Adobe Trigger. I just noticed that I left that out in my initial ask.

Community Advisor

Could you edit your original post to include screenshots of what you have setup so far? I think that will help us better understand the issue that you're facing.

Level 5

@yuhuisg - I think @keeTee is using "Triggers" (experiencecloud.adobe.com/triggers.html) and this is not in Launch or AA Segments. Can you please setup like this and check once:

pradeep_nextrow_0-1640087684175.png

I think one of the reason would be your "cart additions" event is not programmed right or prodviews not programmed right in the implementation. But if everything is right, it should fire a trigger. You can also test if your triggers are working by setting up a simple "Action" trigger.

PS: I think this question needs to be tagged under Adobe Analytics.