Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Enters Viewport vs GTM Visibility Trigger

Level 2

Hello,

I create this topic because I'm looking to migrate from GTM to Adobe Launch as a tag manager.

On GTM I was using the visibility trigger with CSS selector to send print tags (see screenshot).

I tried to reproduce the trigger in Launch with "Core - Enters Viewport" and the same parameters (cf. screenshot).

However, Adobe's detection seems much less precise, accurate and efficient (cf. video), as it detects visible elements when they aren't, whereas GTM is much more precise in this matter.

Does anyone experience this case?

Is there a way to get the same result as GTM? Maybe in a custom code?

For the record, I found a Matomo documentation that tried to reproduce GTM visibility: https://github.com/matomo-org/tag-manager/blob/5.x-dev/Template/Trigger/ElementVisibilityTrigger.web...

Thank you in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Also, in GTM I can have access to the element that is visible and target with the Selector CSS through the embed variable "Click Element" (cf. screenshot), is there such a variable for the Enters Viewport?

Thank you in advance!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Also, in GTM I can have access to the element that is visible and target with the Selector CSS through the embed variable "Click Element" (cf. screenshot), is there such a variable for the Enters Viewport?

Thank you in advance!