Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic variables - Adobe Analytics extension

Level 1

I want to use dynamic variables mapping to send the same value in a prop and a eVar. I have mapped a data element in the eVar and the prop with "D=v1".

My problem is that the prop1="D=v1" is sent even when the eVar1 doesn't take value and is not sent.

Is there a way to avoid that behavior other than coded it instead of use the configuration interface?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

One option to consider is to move the replication of eVar1 to prop1 out of Launch and into processing rules.

You could set up a conditional processing rule that only sets prop1 on hits having eVar1 set.  

Pro: Doing it this way cleans up the beacon.  It saves a few bytes.

Con: The functionality is hidden in processing rules.

The other option is to put the logic in AA doPlugins and test for a value of evar1 before setting prop1=D=v1

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

I'd guess this is happening because of data element storage duration settings. Have a read through this blog post and see if this fixes your issue. If not, can you provide us a URL and steps to replicate the scenario along with an idea of what you'd expect to see in the image requests?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

One option to consider is to move the replication of eVar1 to prop1 out of Launch and into processing rules.

You could set up a conditional processing rule that only sets prop1 on hits having eVar1 set.  

Pro: Doing it this way cleans up the beacon.  It saves a few bytes.

Con: The functionality is hidden in processing rules.

The other option is to put the logic in AA doPlugins and test for a value of evar1 before setting prop1=D=v1

Level 1

I will keep the beacon with the dynamic variables since they won't have impact (they will be discarded). I don't want hidden the implementation in the processing rule or switch to code implementation.

I think that Lauch library should be updated to clean this if the copied variable is empty... I'm pretty sure that DTM did.

Thank you for the answers!