Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CUSTOM LINK Analytics Call Server

Community Advisor

Hello everyone,

I am bringing DTM to Launch and despite I changed data element I still have the old DTM structure. I checked the data element and all rules but I stiil have the issue showed below. Any suggestion?

1982luca_0-1600067325889.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Answer provided in comments. Posting here for easy access.

"I fixed it, wrong send beacon method"

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor
@Luca_Lattarini how is your Custom Link being fired? can you show a screenshot of your entire rule?

Level 10

What is the issue?

Do you see that Data Element configured in the Launch property?

Community Advisor

Yes, the data element was wrong in the send beacon action. Now it is ok. But I noticed that I have a double adobe analytics server call. Basically I am tracking the download pdf button by using Custom Link. When I click the button a I have a beacon with File Download undefined and Custom Link with the right value. How can I fix the double call? File Downlaod or Custom Link? I am talking about the picture below.

1982luca_0-1600099286491.png

Community Advisor
@Luca_Lattarini A trick I learned from another analyst: for a download or exit link, set your eVars/props/events... then DON'T SEND any beacon! Let AA's automatic download/exit link tracking fire, and it will send those eVars/props/events too.

Community Advisor
I fixed it, wrong send beacon method

Level 10
Were you able to solve this issue? If so, would you mind posting the solution so others that find this thread have the answer?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Answer provided in comments. Posting here for easy access.

"I fixed it, wrong send beacon method"