Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can't Add New Property

Level 1

Hi all, I'm attempting to create a new property, but I see the button grayed out like below.

1278829_pastedImage_0.png

I am a Marketing Cloud admin, and I have added appropriate launch permissions to my account.

Any advice?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The issue is that being a Marketing Cloud Org Admin or a Launch Product Admin (in the Admin Console) only lets you assign users and permissions for the Launch product, it does not actually give you any rights inside of Launch itself.

In order to get access to Launch, your user must explicitly be added to a Launch product configuration of some kind.  This means that you won't have Org Admins publishing stuff in Launch unless they've actually granted themselves rights (which creates a record).

--

Update: Detailed instructions are now available How to Set User Permissions for Adobe Launch

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

It is permission related.  Can you come to office hours and we can step through it together?

Level 1

Great, I'll drop in tomorrow in the morning.

Level 10

I'll move this over to the questions section since it's unlikely to be a bug.

Correct answer by
Employee

The issue is that being a Marketing Cloud Org Admin or a Launch Product Admin (in the Admin Console) only lets you assign users and permissions for the Launch product, it does not actually give you any rights inside of Launch itself.

In order to get access to Launch, your user must explicitly be added to a Launch product configuration of some kind.  This means that you won't have Org Admins publishing stuff in Launch unless they've actually granted themselves rights (which creates a record).

--

Update: Detailed instructions are now available How to Set User Permissions for Adobe Launch