Expand my Community achievements bar.

Brightcove video tracking not working after video version updated

Level 2

After the video version has been updated, when I try to use Brightcove extension it is not working.

On the page https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/client/brightcove/overvi..., the In-Page Embed code HTML snippet are all leading to 404 errors.

Can anyone help on the technical document to set the tracking in place.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Not sure if the documentation issue is resolved.. I just checked the link you posted, and it seems like the in-page embed code links are resolving now?

Level 2

Thanks, but there seems to be some issue with the extension. I have followed the same steps as mentioned but the rules are not working.

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, I don't have a Brightcove player to test this myself... have you tried opening a ticket with Client Care? This extension seems to be built by Adobe, so they should be able to find the correct people to get the details of the failure to....

I wish I could be more help.. but missing resources for an extension sound like a pretty major thing that they should be aware of...

One more thing... just a thought... do you have any "blocking" extensions on your computer? Or are you on a work network / VPN where there could be rules to block specific domains?

I am just curious if the missing resources are being blocked on your browser (either by an extension or by a network policy?)

I have an issue with the gtag extension... one of the CSS resources is blocked by my work network for some reason... this causes the extension to time out when I open it... I had to actually use a tool to point the file somewhere else (to an empty file) to get the UI to load... but thankfully, since it only impacts styles in Launch (and not functionality) this works... but you are missing actual functional files! It might be a good idea to just confirm before contacting support....