Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Analytics post processed debug information is unavailable for this hit - Mobile SDK

Level 2

While testing a mobile app this week, I noticed some errors showing up in Assurance. I can see the network requests when loading/switching screens, but I never see the post-processed hits coming in to verify the processing rules are working. Based on the more detailed error message, this doesn't mean that data collection isn't happening. I can confirm that data is making its way into the report suite, but I really need to see the post-processed hits in Assurance to verify things are being mapped correctly and the data is coming through as expected

For reference, I'm testing on an iOS device and using the AEP version of the Adobe mobile SDK (configured for specific solutions, not using the Edge network)

My questions are:

1. What is causing these errors? I'm wondering if this is an Assurance issue since data is still collecting?
  2. How can I fix the errors and see post-processed hits in Assurance? 
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I finally found a consistent cause for this issue in my specific app use case. In my specific situation, the issue that was preventing the post-processed data from appearing was the "batching" setting in the Adobe Analytics extension. Once I either hit the batching limit or manually forced the data to send to Adobe, I saw the "post-processed status" in Assurance change from "Unavailable" to "Queued," almost immediately. The status then changed to "Processed" a few moments later and I can see the post-processed data.

If you cannot view post-processed data, you may want to check your extension settings in the tag manager or "Configuration Viewer" in Assurance.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi Kyle, could you provide a screenshot of the Versions view in Assurance? If it isn't listed in the left nav, you can add it by clicking the "Configure" button in the bottom left corner.

Level 2

I assume you mean the Extension Versions? If so, here you goapp extension versions.png

Also, I've tried posting this a few times, so hopefully it goes through this time...

Level 2

Thanks Kyle,

Looks like we'll need to get the team involved. Please create a support ticket so we can get the necessary info to debug further. You can create a support ticket from here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/?support-solution=General&support-tab=home#support

Correct answer by
Level 2

I finally found a consistent cause for this issue in my specific app use case. In my specific situation, the issue that was preventing the post-processed data from appearing was the "batching" setting in the Adobe Analytics extension. Once I either hit the batching limit or manually forced the data to send to Adobe, I saw the "post-processed status" in Assurance change from "Unavailable" to "Queued," almost immediately. The status then changed to "Processed" a few moments later and I can see the post-processed data.

If you cannot view post-processed data, you may want to check your extension settings in the tag manager or "Configuration Viewer" in Assurance.