Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Analytics Launch Extension : Cart Additions

Employee

Hi

I have been trying to migrate an Analytics installation from DTM to Launch.

I am having one problem currently in that an scAdd event is triggered but it is NOT binding the product variable in the beacon request from some reason.

It DOES work with prodView events but not with scAdd.

I know that the custom code (where s.products is written) is firing since I am logging data to the console to check.  It is literally a problem with the compiling of the beacon request.

Any help much appreciated - suspect it might actually be a bug

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you're triggering products in custom code, you'll want to also make sure it's being included in linkTrackVars. Pretty sure it's by design, it's just less than ideal because there isn't an easy way to populate the products variable without custom code.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi benh54887721​,

Are you trying to trigger a s.tl() call? If that's the cae, is s.linkTrackVars added before s.products in the custom code, as shown in my code screen-grab below?

1507797_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

Just come across this issue too, thanks for flagging it but seems like a bug that should be fixed.

In order to fire an scAdd event should I have to manually add products to linkTrackVars in custom code, or should Launch handle that automatically?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you're triggering products in custom code, you'll want to also make sure it's being included in linkTrackVars. Pretty sure it's by design, it's just less than ideal because there isn't an easy way to populate the products variable without custom code.

Level 1

Hi,

I'm completely new to Adobe. I come from a GA & GTM background.  The custom code that you've written in set variables, is it mandatory for each and every step in the funnel? Like scView, scAdd, scCheckout Etc? I've configured the entire funnel from product view to confirmation page but when I check in AA reports I can see 'undefined' values for most of the product categories and ID's.

Could you please help?