Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AMACTION server call

Level 8

Hello Adobe Community !

I've been trying to solve a problem about a custom link called "AMACTION:" . My guess is that this custom link is made by the Apple IOS SDK whenever there is a clic action.

The problem is that it contains 18% of Nones when we breakdown with eVarX ( Click bouton name ) - and we are not sure if it's triggered at all clicks.

Kind regards,

Mario

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi marion33678522​,

The best way to test this is by QA'ing your app. Most likely there is a call being made to the collection servers that does not have any values sent that define the Custom Link. Here's my suggestion:

1 - use Workspace in order to try to narrow down "when/where" the custom link is called. One idea is to use Flow reporting. Use Custom Link as the dimension being analyzed in the Flow component and find the unpleasant "AMACTION:". Click to see what the previous Custom Link was. Or, switch the previous column to Page to see what screen the Custom Link is getting called from.

2 - use Bloodhound (or Charles Proxy) to QA your app. Here's a primer on Using Bloodhound to Test Mobile Applications and try to replicate the flow that you discovered to find the Custom Link culprit(s).

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi marion33678522​,

The best way to test this is by QA'ing your app. Most likely there is a call being made to the collection servers that does not have any values sent that define the Custom Link. Here's my suggestion:

1 - use Workspace in order to try to narrow down "when/where" the custom link is called. One idea is to use Flow reporting. Use Custom Link as the dimension being analyzed in the Flow component and find the unpleasant "AMACTION:". Click to see what the previous Custom Link was. Or, switch the previous column to Page to see what screen the Custom Link is getting called from.

2 - use Bloodhound (or Charles Proxy) to QA your app. Here's a primer on Using Bloodhound to Test Mobile Applications and try to replicate the flow that you discovered to find the Custom Link culprit(s).

Hope that helps!

Level 8

Hello Eric !

Great tips there! Thanks alot !

I'll come back and post what was causing this in order to have an "AMACTION:" regex on the community !

Cheers !

Mario

Level 8

Hello !

So after that QA'ing, we discovered that it was the generci AMACTION launched on some app actions.

We managed to find the AMACTION that was not sending infos on the action and we added 'Generic + pageNAme' to it.
Now we know where are this pop'ins coming from. Further more, if we breakdown with our clic Evar we get all the infos !

Great !

But now we discovered another IOS Customlink that we don't know how to make use : "ABDINTERNAL:Lifecycle".

This custom links is launched alot, but to what use ? and from where ?

I'm might open another question on this subject !

Cheers !

Mario

Employee Advisor

That's great, glad to hear it. Very good solution!

Those Lifecycle tags are aligned with Lifecycle Metrics

ADBINTERNAL: Lifecycle should align perfectly with tracking "Launches".

Hope that helps!

Level 8

Re-bonjour Eric !

Yes ! It does !

Now I know better !

Makes alot of sense, but I could not find anywhere this valuable piece of information you so kindly shared with me !

Kind regards , and cheers to the Adobe community and the staff!  !

Mario