Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP web sdk extension and the CNAME

Level 2

Hello,

I've been using this document to setup the Web sdk extension on my Tag -AEP web sdk-Ingest streaming data .In the section-Add web sdk extension,it asks to set the CNAME. I'm using AEM cloud to check the results of my tag property-https://author-p14003-e30147.adobeaemcloud.com/content.   instead of luma website-enablement.adobe.com

Now as per the document,they have configured data on the domain enablementadobe.com because of which they are using data.enablementadobe.com as the CNAME . I tried using data.adobeaemcloud.com but i got "405" as the response in the header.Then I tried author-p14003-e30147.adobeaemcloud.com  but then I got "403" as the response. I'm unable to get the web.webpagedetails.pageViews results due to this.Can somebody help me on giving the CNAME while setting up the Web SDK extension.  

Sushmita32_0-1685958701561.png  

Sushmita32_1-1685958750815.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you do not want to set up a CNAME you can use the default value of edge.adobedc.net

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Sushmita32 - The Edge Domain is the domain that the Adobe Experience Platform extension sends and receives data from. Adobe recommends using a 1st-party domain (CNAME) for this extension. The default 3rd-party domain works for development environments but is not suitable for production environments.

I think you need to setup the first party CNAME. Here are the instructions on how to set up a first-party CNAME here.

Hope this helps  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you do not want to set up a CNAME you can use the default value of edge.adobedc.net

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ @Gokul_Agiwal 

What should be done when self-hosting the launch library. Is a CNAME still required then or should we use edge.adobedc.net or is there some other options when self hosting?

Also are there any benefits of using a cname when self-hosting?

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hello @hs_vk 

Personally, I have not tried the self-hosted libraries. But If you are planning to use host it yourself then you might run into a CORS issue.

Here is the documentation on how the changes in the libraries can be pushed to SFTP server:

Self-Hosting Libraries | Adobe Experience Platform

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ 

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the library is already self -hosted and now I'm looking to use the same library to migrate to WebSDK. 

I meant to ask if already self-hosting, do we need a cname or would there be an alternate method to set the Edge Domain for Web SDK extension? I'm not sure if I can still use edge.adobedc.net when self-hosting?

Thanks

hs_vk_0-1699241880617.png