Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEP WEB SDK and Instance

Level 6

Hi,

We have Implemented AEP WEB SDK for 3 regions (US/LATAM/APAC/EMEA) and currently data has been streaming into Adobe Analytics to the respective report suite (US- US report suite, LATAM - LATAM report suite, APAC - Asia report suite, EMEA - Europe report suite). All our 4 report suites are residing in one Adobe instance (Same org ID). Our AEP Instance is also onboarded for Same instance. That being said, AEP WEB SDK Schema also created in same instance.

Now, my org is looking to onboard different AEP instance for each region which means US will have own AEP instance and vice versa for other regions as well. 

Since, My Schema Mapping, Data stream and Adobe launch deployments are managed in existing instance. Do I need to re write all my schemas in new instance with respect to region? How do we handle this sort of situation? 

Thanks,

Pradeep

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Firstly, to get the terminology correct, it's "organisation", not "instance". So you currently have 1 Adobe organisation where your 4 report suites reside in, and also have 1 AEP product provisioned under it.

Now, if you were to have 1 Adobe organisation per region, then you would need to replicate your setup across the 4 organisations, particularly if you want to make full use of the UI integrations in AEP Tags with Schemas and Datastreams (for the Web SDK setup).

You could continue with 1 Adobe organisation, but it would require a lot of custom coding and mapping of Datastreams + Analytics. I personally don't recommend that, because it's prone to human errors.

Besides, when a business wants to separate its products in the way you've described, it usually means that there is going to be a lot of uniqueness between each website, e.g. website A wants to track eVar 100 but website B doesn't need to. So again, it might be better to take the pain of separating them now, with the expectation that each will really become its own set.