Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP - Real time activation

Employee Advisor

I would like to implement following use case using AEP -

1. Capture user behavioral data while he interacts with the website. 

2. If a user shows an interest in a product then add him/her to a particular segment. 

3. If user has qualified for a segment in Step#2 then show some personalized message or offer. 

I can capture the behavioral data using Adobe Launch and stream it into AEP. Do I need to call Streaming Segmentation API in Step#2 to evaluate the user in a segment in real time? How do I determine in real time whether the user has qualified for that particular segment ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes, you are correct about calling streaming segmentation. With this capability, most segment rules can be evaluated and qualified. See this: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-platform/segmentation/api/streaming-segmentation.h...for more details.

Capture.JPG

Once you have developed, tested, and saved your segment definition, you can then evaluate the segment through either scheduled evaluation or on-demand evaluation.
Scheduled evaluation (also known as 'scheduled segmentation') allows you to create a recurring schedule for running an export job at a specific time, whereas on-demand evaluation involves creating a segment job to build the audience immediately. Steps for each are outlined at [1].

Thanks!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes, you are correct about calling streaming segmentation. With this capability, most segment rules can be evaluated and qualified. See this: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-platform/segmentation/api/streaming-segmentation.h...for more details.

Capture.JPG

Once you have developed, tested, and saved your segment definition, you can then evaluate the segment through either scheduled evaluation or on-demand evaluation.
Scheduled evaluation (also known as 'scheduled segmentation') allows you to create a recurring schedule for running an export job at a specific time, whereas on-demand evaluation involves creating a segment job to build the audience immediately. Steps for each are outlined at [1].

Thanks!!

Level 5

@Kunal_Gaba_ 

You can add the "segment membership" details filed group (mixin) to your web event schema and just use profile lookup API to read the segment qualifications for the user, which is a much more simple way than using other APIs. Refer here for a practical example - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/comprehensive-technical-tutorial-v21/module3/...

Employee Advisor

In what channel and system are you using to display the personalized message or offer? For example, do you want to display the message on a website with Adobe Target? If so, the segment you create in the Platform segment builder UI will automatically synch with the Target UI and the audience qualification will automatically be sent to the Target profile. If you have not used this integration before, you might need to open a client care ticket to provision this integration between Platform and Target.